Thursday, October 15, 2015

Nings and RSS

About two years ago I joined Schoology (as first just to check out their LMS), but I discovered their professional communities and at the time they were very active. I haven’t been logging in as much as I used to, but I will start again for this assignment. I am a part of the Math, Flipped Classroom, and Blended Learning communities. I like these communities because they are actual teachers in the classroom and they are putting into practice the things that I am teaching my teachers here in PUSD.

Ok, for my Digg RSS stream I created two folders of interest. The first was for technology in the classroom and I added only 3 feeds to that folder. I didn’t want to get too buried with reading the articles. And yes, I read them; it’s what interests me. My other folder is for a personal interest of mine motorcycles, but more specifically cafe racers. I have 6 streams in that folder and I love it! I need to add more because each day there might only be 7 - 10 new articles and I want more.

Question #1
My edtech feed has some really good stuff can I embed my feed onto my LMS for my teachers?


While there are tons of scripts that convert RSS feeds into Javascript*, I recommend using Google Gadget Creator for adding feeds to web pages – it’s easy as well as customizable.
*If you are looking for a non-Javascript solution, get one of these Flash based RSS widgets from Yourminis or WidgetBox.
Question #2
How do I use the Google Gadget Creator?

Google’s guide to Gadet Creator - https://developers.google.com/gadgets/docs/basic

1 comment: